mmw Amplifiers Specification Selection Guide
- A measure of how much signal can leak from the output of the device back to the input. Isolation is usually expressed in terms of dBs.
- The s parameter s12 directly measured isolation. Isolation in dB is equal to 20*log10(s12). This number may be expressed either as a positive number (dBs of isolation) or a negative number (20*log10[s12]).
- Isolation is of most interest for buffer amplifiers. In this application, high isolation prevents impedance mismatches, such as those caused by reflections from the mixer, from changing the oscillator frequency ("pulling").
- When it matters, higher isolation is better.
- -10 dBm to -60 dB typical